Indian Premier League 2022 Auction: Sunrisers Hyderabad Retained & Released Players List: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) have announced the retained players list for the 2022 edition of the Indian Premier League. The last date for all teams to announce the retain player list is 30th November 2021. All released players will go under the hammer in the upcoming IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
This time sunrises Hyderabad has not retained their best players but they have done their very best to retain some Young category players. Below is the list of retained players of SRH for the upcoming IPL 2022.
IPL 2022 Retention Rules
- A team is set to be allowed to keep up to three Indian (capped/uncapped) and two foreign players with the total number of retentions not exceeding four.
- It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.
- As per the conditions, the team management can either retain three Indian players and one overseas player or two Indian players and two overseas players.
- Two New IPL teams can pick any 2 Indian and 1 foreign player from the Mega auction pool before the start of the mega auction 2022.
- Also, new teams can pick only one uncapped player before the auction.
- There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards for the IPL 2022 Mega Auction.
IPL 2022 Salary Cap
BCCI also explained the salary cap for the retained players based on the team’s decision of the number of players retention.
- If a team retains 4 players, Rs 42 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 3 players, Rs 33 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains 2 players, Rs 24 crore will be cut from the player purse.
- If a team retains only one player, it will lose Rs 14 crore from its purse value.
- Each uncapped player retained will cost Rs 4 crore each.
If a team retains 4 of its player then the salary cap of the four players will be as follows:
*below mentioned will be the player’s annual salary
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
If a team retains 3 of its player then the salary cap of the three players will be as follows:
|3 players deduction||INR 33 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
If a team retains 2 of its player then the salary cap of the two players will be as follows:
|2 Players deduction||INR 24 Cr(Total)|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
If a team keeps only one player, then the team has to pay a total of INR 14 crores
|1 Player deduction||INR 14 Cr|
List of retained SRH players
Kane Williamson – 14 Crore
Abdul Samad – 04 Crore
Umran Malik – 04 Crore
List of released SRH players
- David Warner (C) — Australia — Batsman — ₹12 Crore
- Manish Pandey — India — Batsman — ₹11 Crore
- Rashid Khan — Afghanistan — Bowler ₹9 Crore
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar — India — Bowler ₹8 Crore
- Siddarth Kaul — India — Bowler — ₹3.8 Crore
- Shahbaz Nadeem — India — Bowler — ₹3.2 Crore
- Vijay Shankar — India — All-Rounder — ₹3.2 Crore
- Khaleel Ahmed — India — Bowler — ₹3 Crore
- Sandeep Sharma — India — Bowler — ₹3 Crore
- Jonny Bairstow — England — Wicket Keeper — ₹2.2 Crore
- Mitchell Marsh — Australia — All-Rounder — ₹2 Crore
- Virat Singh — India — Batsman — ₹1.9 Crore
- Priyam Garg — India — Batsman — ₹1.9 Crore
- Wriddhiman Saha — India — Wicket Keeper — ₹1.2 Crore
- Shreevats Goswami — India — Wicket Keeper — ₹1 Crore
- Mohammad Nabi — Afghanistan — All-Rounder — ₹1 Crore
- Basil Thampi — India — Bowler — ₹95 Lakh
- Abhishek Sharma — India — All-Rounder — ₹55 Lakh
- Thangarasu Natarajan — India — Bowler — ₹40 Lakh
- Kedar Jadhav — India — All-Rounder — ₹2,00,00,000
- Mujeeb Zadran — Afghanistan — Bowler — ₹1,50,00,000
- J Suchith — India — Bowler — ₹30,00,000
Purse Available: 68 crores
Sunrisers Hyderabad will buy the remaining players in the IPL 2022 Auction. They have huge purses available to them.
Other Teams Retained & Released Players List